The Project Manager is a crucial position reporting to the Senior Project Manager in our Sacramento office. The purpose of the Project Manager is to oversee the day-to-day quality programs for clientele and projects assigned. This includes management and technical related issues, profitability of jobs, and the communication of quality related matters, to ensure compliance with standards of expectations and project contract documents.
This position is the primary liaison to clients regarding G3 services provided and the successful execution of those services. This position requires an excellent attitude and an ability to communicate and effectively collaborate with a very talented bench of internal and external team members/staff. This role generally requires work to be performed at G3’s office, although travel to client sites or other remote locations is likely at least 25% of the time.
- Provide specific written technical requirements of the project, staff certification requirements, equipment requirements, and safety requirements
- Provide written project-specific reporting requirements
- Ability to review project billing and invoices to ensure profitability and course correct as needed
- Manage each project’s budget and proactively develop and process change order requests for additional scope work
- Implement each project Quality Program including QC Plan preparation, lab testing frequencies, field staffing plan and possible mobile laboratory coordination
- Establish lines of communication with field staff and clientele to be informed of work progress. This includes progress updates related to preliminary quality information, schedule, field conversations, agency requirements, etc
- Update project documents including staff certifications, QC Plan amendments etc., throughout the life of the project
- Ensure field staff are performing required field duties including sampling of materials and specified quantities and developing a communication plan for project related issues or concerns directly with field staff
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering, or Construction Management, or a construction-related field is preferred
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience in the construction inspection and testing industry
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration is strongly preferred
- A strong background or interest in business development with a diverse client base including transportation, municipalities, and contractor clients
- Project management skills including management of financial performance, client relationships, and liability control
- Candidates with applicable combination of certifications, management experience, and education will be considered. Though not required for consideration
- Ensure quality is achieved on all project deliverables
- Experience with oversight of multiple complementary laboratory and field operations
- Well-developed presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Project procurement experience, including proposal preparation, scoping, and pricing for a competitive edge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Compensation / Pay Scale:
- $110k-$150k Annual Salary
G3 offers a full range of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, flexible spending plan (125), long-term disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401k and 401k match.
G3 Quality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please submit a resume and complete the screening process through the ZipRecruiter link.