Asphalt Rubber Conference
We are just back from the Rubberized Asphalt Rubber (RAR) conference in Las Vegas at the Luxor Hotel. G3 Quality President Chris Gerber, and Internal Quality Manager Matt Ramos were in attendance for the the 4-day conference. The conference included contributions from International speakers covering all things Rubberized Asphalt including;
• New methods of testing of rubberized asphalt binders
• PG grading of rubberized asphalt binders
• Mechanical testing of asphalt hot mixes (wet and dry) containing rubberized asphalt binders
• Paving uses of rubberized asphalt binders with any types of mixes, dense graded, gap, open, SMA and others
• Preservation application of rubberized asphalt binders such as seal coats, slurry seals, all others • New innovative methods of making, applying or constructing with rubberized asphalt • Environmental applications of rubberized asphalt such as to reduce noise or saving energy
• General discussions about scrap tire rubber as applied to rubberized asphalt
This was our 2nd trip to the Rubberized Asphalt Conference and it gave us a great opportunity to catch up with RAR Chairman Dr. Jorge Sousa (who always puts on a great conference), along with Co-Chairman George B. Way P.E., Rubber Pavement Association (RPA) President Cliff Ashcroft, past RPA President Doug Carlson, and many other industry friends.
We had a great time at RAR2015 and look forward to the next conference in 2018 in South Africa.