G3 Quality, Inc. is seeking an Accounting Specialist to handle day-to-day accounting functions. This position is responsible for bank reconciliations, budgeting, billing back up and supporting the Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Prepares reconciliations of all bank accounts, revolver and American Express.
● Performs weekly reconciliation of the cash log to Ajera and ensures agreement with Accounts Receivable Collection Projections and Forecasted Disbursements.
● Assists Controller with Month-End Close process
● Monitors all receivables balances over 60 days to ensure collection prior to 90 days. Escalates issues to Controller.
● Prepares monthly borrowing Base Certificate and forecasts.
● Assures that all revenue and expenses are accurately coded to each office.
● Create accounting reports as needed by management, banks or others.
● Tracks budgets for managers.
● Assists the Controller with the production and maintenance of the annual budget and monthly forecast.
● Supports the Controller in documentation requests for audits and reviews
● Ensures proper set up of Vendors in Ajera for year-end 1099 processing
● Assists Controller where necessary.
● Prepares Documentation of the Ajera project set-up process
● Reviews Backlog and ensures accurate reporting for month-end
● Prepares Monthly Backlog Reports
● Enters Project budgets and supports Project Management data requests
● Ensures data in Ajera agrees with Backlog reporting
● Maintains Contract set up function and maintains files
● Back up for Billing, Accounts Payable and Project set up.
● Manages insurance certifications through insurance broker.
● Assists Controller with automation of Accounts Payable and Receivable functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required, as well as attributes for success. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
● 5+ years accounting experience
● Bachelor Degree in Accounting required
● Month End Closing Experience required
● Experience in implementing accounting systems a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
● Strong data entry skills
● Able to adhere to tight deadlines
● Ability to work independently in fast-paced work environment
● Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities
● Ability to communicate with staff effectively
● Meticulous attention to details, self-motivated, and the ability to maintain confidentiality
● Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, memos and to ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding
● Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers and/or supervisor
● Computer skills, including using Microsoft Office Suite and other software (Ajera), to communicate via email, develop written correspondence, prepare quotations, and monitor project costs.